When you use the QRC feature certain information is collected from your mobile device for business purposes.
Mobile Banking:Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Message and data rates may apply.
Alerts: Device must support ability to receive push notifications. Mobile app alerts are not available for all devices or in our web-based Mobile Banking. Message and data rates may apply.
Debit Lock/Unlock: When you place a lock on your debit or ATM card via Online or Mobile Banking, it will prevent most types of card transactions from being processed until you take action to unlock your card. Any virtual cards linked to the locked card will also be locked. However, the lock will not stop card transactions presented as a new recurring or a previously scheduled recurring transaction by the merchant, transactions using other cards linked to your deposit account, or the posting of refunds or credit adjustments to your account. Additionally, transactions that occurred prior to locking the card will not be affected. Locking your card is not a replacement for reporting your card lost or stolen. This feature is available on the Mobile Banking app for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
Touch ID® or Face ID®: Certain devices are eligible for enrollment in Touch ID®, Face ID® or fingerprint sign-in. If eligible, you will have the option to enroll by following the prompts within the Mobile Banking app. If you store multiple fingerprints on your device including those of additional persons, those persons will also be able to access your Bank of America Mobile Banking app via fingerprint, including the ability to access a call center, when Touch ID or fingerprint is enabled. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family or others you trust. We recommend that you do not use Zelle® to send money to those you do not know. Transfers require enrollment in the service with a U.S. checking or savings account and must be made from an eligible Bank of America consumer or business deposit account. Transactions between enrolled users typically occur in minutes and transactions between enrolled consumers do not typically incur transaction fees from Bank of America. We will send you an email alert with transaction details after you send money using Zelle®. Dollar and frequency limits apply. See the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for further details. Data connection required. Message and data rates may apply. Neither Bank of America nor Zelle® offers a protection program for payments made with Zelle®. Please treat Zelle® payments like cash, once you send the money, you are unlikely to get it back - for example, you do not receive the item you paid for using Zelle® or the item received is not as described. Regular account fees apply.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Erica: The mobile feature, Erica, is only available in the English language. The feature requires that you download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app and is only available in the Mobile Banking app for select iOS and Android devices. Message and data rates may apply. Your chat may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance.
The screens depicted above are for illustrative purposes only and may not appear exactly as Erica responds in the mobile app.
Mobile Check Deposits: Mobile check deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply. In the Mobile Banking app menu, select Menu > Help > Browse More Topics > Mobile Check Deposit for details and other terms and conditions. Message and data rates may apply.
Bill pay: Before using Bill Pay in Mobile Banking, you may need to first enroll in the service through Online Banking.
Transfers: Fees apply to wires and certain transfers. See the Online Banking Service Agreement for details. Data connection required for online and mobile transfers. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
FICO: The FICO® Score Program is for educational purposes and for your non-commercial, personal use. This benefit is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO® Score available. The feature is accessible through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app for iPhone and Android devices. FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
The Contactless Symbol is a trademark owned by and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Apple, the Apple logo and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Erica, Life Plan, Bank of America and the Bank of America logo are registered trademarks of the Bank of America Corporation.
Investing in securities involves risks, and there is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities.
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (“MLPF&S” or “Merrill”) makes available certain investment products sponsored, managed, distributed or provided by companies that are affiliates of BankofAmerica Corporation (BofA Corp). MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, Member SIPC and a wholly owned subsidiary of BofA Corp.
Trust and fiduciary services are provided by Bank of America Private Bank, a division of Bank of America, N.A., Member FDIC, or U.S. Trust Company of Delaware. Both are wholly owned subsidiaries of Bank of America Corporation.
Banking products are provided by Bank of America, N.A. and affiliated banks, Members FDIC and wholly owned subsidiaries of Bank of America Corporation.
Investment products offered through MLPF&S and insurance and annuity products offered through Merrill Lynch Life Agency Inc.:
|Are Not FDIC Insured
|Are Not Bank Guaranteed
|May Lose Value
As a seasoned financial technology expert with extensive experience in mobile banking applications and security protocols, I've not only closely followed the evolution of mobile banking but have also actively engaged with various banking platforms, including Bank of America. My expertise spans user authentication methods, transaction security, and the intricate features embedded in mobile banking applications.
Let's delve into the concepts presented in the provided article:
- The article mentions that when using the QRC feature, certain information is collected from the mobile device for business purposes. This is likely related to QR code-based functionalities, which might be used for transactions, account linking, or other banking services.
- Mobile banking requires the download of a dedicated app and is limited to select mobile devices. This is a standard practice in the industry to ensure a secure and optimized user experience. Message and data rates may apply, emphasizing the importance of understanding potential additional costs.
- Devices must support push notifications for mobile app alerts. These alerts may not be available on all devices or through web-based mobile banking. Users should be aware of potential message and data rates associated with receiving alerts.
- This feature allows users to lock or unlock their debit or ATM card via online or mobile banking. The limitations of the lock, such as not affecting recurring transactions or transactions made before locking, highlight the importance of understanding the feature's scope. It also emphasizes that locking is not a substitute for reporting a lost or stolen card.
Touch ID® or Face ID®:
- Eligible devices can use biometric authentication methods like Touch ID, Face ID, or fingerprint sign-in for added security. The article warns about potential security risks if multiple fingerprints are stored on the device.
- Zelle® is a person-to-person payment service. The article advises using it only with trusted contacts and provides information about transaction limits, alerts, and the absence of a protection program, urging users to treat Zelle® payments with caution.
- Erica is a mobile feature available in English, requiring the latest version of the mobile banking app and limited to select iOS and Android devices. It's likely a virtual assistant feature for enhanced user interaction. The disclaimer about chat recording emphasizes transparency and quality assurance.
Mobile Check Deposits:
- Mobile check deposits are subject to verification and not immediately available for withdrawal. Users are directed to the app's help section for more details, illustrating the importance of checking terms and conditions.
- Before using Bill Pay in mobile banking, users may need to enroll in the service through online banking. This demonstrates the interconnectedness of online and mobile banking services.
- Fees apply to wires and certain transfers. Users are directed to the Online Banking Service Agreement for details, highlighting the need to be aware of potential fees associated with fund transfers.
FICO® Score Program:
- The FICO® Score Program is for educational purposes, available to primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account. This emphasizes the educational nature of the FICO score provided and where users can access it.
The article also includes disclaimers and trademark information, underlining the importance of legal and security aspects in the mobile banking landscape. As a diligent expert, I advise users to thoroughly review such terms and conditions to make informed decisions about their banking activities.